Saturday, July 3, 2010

4 day weekend

This isn't our first trip to Anchorage by any means, in fact we have been here many times before. This time was different since Ashley was able to participate as well as Jeanette and Mercedes. We left Fairbanks around midnight and got into Anchorage around 6:30am. I had booked a reservation through expedia for our room. Turns out that was not the best idea. When we get to this place it is not nearly what it was cracked up to be....well the cracked up works well! Just not what was expected. There are broken windows and a very run down appearance on the outside, with the typical rif raf about.










I ask the woman at the front desk if this is a safe place for my family. She exlplains that in the last six months that they have been cleaning up the place, the lobby looks as though this is true




From this point I ask to see the room, the clerk nicely directs me to the upgraded rooms close to the front desk, this is were she assures me that we will be safe. The room was decent, but I had to check the bed, where I find that the box spring is ripped along the side and not covered, nor was the mattress itself covered. I thank her for her time and tell her that I am not insinuating anything but just don't feel that I should have my children in this type of atmosphere, she seems to understand




Read the lovely signs from the lobby




I was told that the owner would refund half of my money for the room, I explained that I would take the rest up with my bank.
Needless to say we did not stay there. We now know not to go to Anchorage during the 4th of July there are no rooms at the Inn, that being the base we usually stay on. So we have to travel out of town to a much nicer place. Here we dont have to be concerned with drug deals or prostitution and to sleep on beds used by the hour. Now our trip is coming together.

We are on our way to Homer Spit and along the way we have to
make many stops, first and foremost is at the Gorilla Fireworks store outside of Anchorage. My Hun had one thing only on his mind at this point....this being FIREWORKS!! His most favorite thing in the world compaired to his job. I'm a bit tired and will sleep now
- Posted from Shelley


No comments: